Who can apply?
Any Egyptian artist, male or female. We encourage those living in governerates outside of Cairo to apply. The project is sponsoring 15 young artists for this project. If you are not selected as one of the 15, you can still apply and attend the Mashrou3 Hagar: Art Empowers! workshops, but your work might not be displayed at the final exhibitions in Cairo, Alexandria and Suhag.
What is the Artist Selection Criteria?
The criteria for artist selection are:
- - Young Egyptian Artists (Male of Female) who either studied in the field of art or can provide proof of talent (present portfolio of previous work)
- - Have good command of English
- - Are available and able to travel to Cairo for duration of workshops
- - Eager to learn new techniques and broaden talents
- - Good communication and participation skills
- - Keen to interact with people from different cultural backgrounds
- - Completes the online application form in its entirety
- - Presents portfolio of previous artistic work upon application
How do I apply?
Applicants must do the following:
- - Fill out the online application form
- - Present their portfolio of previous artwork to Darb 1718 before the deadline (May 19th, 2012)
- - Indicate the ability to attend the Mashrou3 Hagar: Art Empowers! workshops.
- - For any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I apply?
Applicants must submit their applications and portfolios by May 19th, 2012. Accepted applicants will receive an email detailing information about the workshops and travel arrangements for those outside of Cairo. Declined applicants will also be notified by email and suggestions will be offered in these correspondences.
Do I need to have formal qualifications in art?
No, you do not need to have a formal degree in art. However, you must be able to demonstrate adequate artistic skill, knowledge and expertise gained through work or life-experience.
What should I present in my portfolio?
Sketches, photographs of your work, DVDs or links to online video-art for example. You need to demonstrate your level of expertise in art and your previous experience in the field. Please ensure a suitable method of delivery to the Darb 1718 office prior to the deadline of May 19th, 2012.
When will the Mashrou3 Hagar: Art Empowers! workshops take place?
All workshops will take place during the months of June and July 2012. Most workshops will take place over weekends, however some may include one or two weekdays (depending on the duration of the workshop). Timing details will be conveyed to you via email.
How will I find out the workshop topics?
Accepted applicants will receive an email detailing the themes and contents of each workshop, their duration and what materials will be used.
If I was not selected, can I still attend the workshops?
Yes, you can. However it is not guaranteed that there will be space in the workshop and there is also no guarantee that your work will be displayed at the final exhibitions in Cairo, Alexandria and Suhag. Reservations will be on first-come-first-served basis according to the number of available seats in each workshop.